View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
This is COD NOW. It used to be a little bit better before Modern Warfare made it into something else. Would you not nitpick a little bit if they made another WWII game and suddenly all the guns got weird optics on them? And the excuse is that it's a COD game. MW game have the excuse of the guns existing in the near future but Black Ops wants to put us in the mood that it takes place in the late 60s, so, as gun guys, we should experience late 60s era weapons. At least in Battlefield one, all the guns used in the campaign and accessories existed in the correct time period, save for maybe 1 or 2 that was perhaps used just barely after the war ended. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had you use a Tommy gun, but they had good restraint on that part.

I didn't mention the FAMAS and the AUG and the fucking G11 being in Black Ops because those were just blatant and you'd have to have noticed how stupid their placement is here and did I mention the SPAS-12
Yeah, the point is, period accuracy wasn't even on Treyarch's radar. If they were intent on having designs from 30+ years in the future, they certainly weren't going to bother with a period accurate XM177.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman