View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 AM

A friend of mine tried to tell me he was a Marine and an Afghan veteran, sent home after being hit twice in extremedies by an AK-74. I'm like "okay that can happen" and let it be. He then tells me he owns his own custom Romanian AK-74 that he had built by a gunsmith friend, but what drew me in was he said it had an underfolding stock. Most of us know that the AK-74 abandoned the AKS style stock in favor of a side folder, so I asked to see pictures of the rifle. He sends me a picture of an underfolding Romanian AKS-47 style rifle. I immediately begin to point out everything that was wrong with his description and the picture, the stock, the magazine curve, the lack of magazine dimples, basically everything that makes it not a 5.45 gun. His excuse is that his gunsmith buddy built the rifle from scratch on a 7.62 gun and converted all the magazines to take 5.45 rounds instead of 7.62 rounds. Bullshit. I call him on it, tell everyone I know, and one of my ACTUAL Marine buddies enters his name in a database and it turns out he was not only lying about the gun, but his service history. I've since laughed at and reprimanded him for his obvious lies, but he apologized and we're still friends.

Pic of the "AK-74" he sent me if you all want to see it:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9473/lbvlaidout.jpg