View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 06:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

A pilot was filming for a new series (yet unaired) where the timeframe is the early to mid 1960s. (since the show "Mad Men" the early 60s is hot right now). I get a call for guns for police officers and one federal agent. I'm seeing some of the advance shots of the costuming and I'm going "All Right!!! They look pretty damned good. The wardrobe looks right and best of all, the hair and makeup is spot on for the year they're portraying! Woo. Hoo."

I give them a list of what I recommend and a list of accessories:
1) S&W Model 10s, 15s, 19s
2) Chief's Special or Colt Detective Special or M1911 for the Federal agent
3) Smooth black leather duty gear with Sam Brown belt shoulder strap for officers and all leather belt holster or shoulder holster in brown leather for the Federal agent.

Then I get the propmaster's list:

1) H&K USP two tone
2) Beretta 92FS
3) FN FiveseveN
4) Desert Eagle
5) Black Cordura duty belts with velcro
6) Black nylon shoulder rig for the Fed

*crunch* the sound of my head hitting the desk......

I query as to how they came to a list like this. Well, to begin with, the Head of the Art department had these guns as airsoft toys (inexpensive spring ones) that he bought for his 7 yr old (but then thought the kid was too young and kept them). He then asked his older son, 12 yrs old, who is a video game fanatic, who plays MOH and COD, etc. what type of guns he recommends? (He probably didn't tell the kid the context either).

So, I'm being overridden due to an art department decision made by a 12 yr old.