View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 07:07 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default Why I'm in a bad mood so often ;)

(Part one of ???) (enjoy)

Get called for a last minute scene for a film. Art Director (a 25 yr old woman who kinda looks like a Berkeley/Haight Ashbury style street protester) says "We need three guns for three soldiers".

I ask "What kind?"

She rolls her eyes like I'm being an idiot and quips "Oh, you know. Guns? the type that soldiers carry?" She has a real contempt for guns and people who own or use them. That's pretty obvious.

I am persistent. "Okay. What year?"

She goes "Oh, now. We're filming this year."

I'm confused, I ask 'You mean you're filming in 2011? or the film's plot takes place in 2011?"

She gets really annoyed. She says "You ASKED me when we were filming?!?!"

I reply '"No, I asked you what year the film takes place."

She rolls her eyes again "Oh, 60s 70s some time long ago".

I say "Okay, well the 60s or 70s wasn't that long ago, but it is historical. Now are they American soldiers?"

She says "They're guards" .... (checks her notes) ... "MPs"

"Okay, one more time, are they American MPs?"

"Yes"

"Okay, so you want three rifles for American Military Police, standing guard somewhere between the 1960s and 1970s. "

She says "MPs!"

I go "Yes, that's what MP stands for. 'Military Police'...."

So I load up M16A1s (with original slab side M16s as a backup) into the truck and off I go. (and though they're supposed to select the weapons themselves, I'm being a nice guy and bring three M1911-A1s in period holsters just in case)

When I get to the set in the middle of nowhere, I quickly realize that the soldiers are MPs at the Roswell UFO crash site in 1947!!!!!!!!

I'm furious since I brought the wrong guns. But the director (another guy fresh out of film school) walks up and says "I love the guns!"......

Face palm! (At least I brought the M1911-A1s.........)