View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
That is a completely legitimate concern, and quite frankly the guns I plan on writing about are not the kind of guns you see in movies. My first article will either be Colt Service Autos 1900-1911 or Pre-War Star Service Autos.

The reason I'd like to stick with a Wiki is quite frankly I use one at work, so I know how to work it.
Yeah, Wikis are a great way to write/publish stuff (the university I'm at provides Wiki space to grad students on request; I'm currently using one to publish/present my MA research).

Your request is perfectly reasonable, and I hate to turn you down on the basis of what other people do, but it is kind of a problem. We already have lots of issues with service space and people uploading stuff that's not related to the scope of the site.

Have you checked out some other firearms-related Wikis? Not sure how many good ones there, but they do exist. Also,I know there are a couple of professional writers and editors hanging around TFL and other gun-related forums. They'd probably be way better at helping you than we could ever be.