View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well, that's what you get when a bunch of stupid kids get on the site. No, I'm not talking about the IMFDB contributors who are younger than 18 who are Smart and good page makers and intelligent. Even our younger IMFDB members know whom I'm talking about. The idiotic fanboy jerks who have no life, no manners, and are ... well ... really young.

I'm working a lot this summer, so I have little time to police the site, but when I get breaks I try to. If their video game page is lame (and believe me, many of them are) and they have not shown improvement over time, I will delete them. I don't care if they whine, bitch and complain (and they have ... directly to ME). IMFDB needs to try at least to uphold a standard and having F*&%KING 12 year olds (yes, I've asked for ages before and one member who wanted to make a BUNCH Of changes was actually TWELVE!) constantly editing the site.

Again, I'm a movie buff. I work in movies as well. I don't play video games. I was never in support of including games because, regardless of what game fans say, THEY'RE NOT REAL GUNS. They will ALWAYS be the product of some artist's imagination. If the Artist does a good and accurate depiction of a real gun, so what? What do we get from tracking that information? What does it tell us?

The real world movies, by their nature, have to have REAL THREE DIMENSIONAL WEAPONS. So it is interesting to know what weapons were in what movie and also, how did they get the guns? (many myths have been answered on IMFDB (fake mockups, C&C HK94s, using Chinese AKs for Russian, fake DShKs from M2s, etc. etc.) those are more pertinent because people really do wonder where they came from. NO ONE wonders where a two dimensional artwork came from. Duh. It came from the fingers of the artist.

But that's MY opinion, of course. Now some members have done some great VG pages, but I still don't like the concept of including VG guns since as you said, so many of them are really bad MUTANT drawings of real guns and the idiotic game makers misidentify them, renamed them and give them fantasy characteristics.