View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 11:25 PM

Not exactly new per se, as most of my "new" games are these days, but I got the Mad Max game that came out last year. If you like Mad Max and/or post-apocalyptic fiction and GTA like I do, you'll love this because it's just that---a post-apocalyptic GTA centered around our favorite road warrior, just with more focus on hand-to-hand combat instead of gunplay because of the limited supply of ammunition.

The voice actor for Max does a pretty good impression of Tom Hardy (though I'm not sure if it's intentional or not) and you can customize Max with various jackets and heads with varying hair/beard length and goggles or no goggles, but the character model looks a little too much like Resident Evil's Chris Redfield IMO.

The V8 Interceptor which I assume we all love gets wrecked in the opening cutscene and you don't get it back until the end of the game, but the car you do drive the majority of the time can be customized with different bodies including one resembling the Falcon XB GT Coupe that the Interceptor was based on (though I'm partial to the Mustang Fastback myself, not quite sure why ) and the rest of the customization is pretty deep as well. Engines, wheels, superchargers, suspension, etc..

The game world is every bit of what you'd expect in Max's world: desolate, littered with the skeletal remains of civilization, full of roving bands of marauders, and so on. It's actually quite beautiful, in a dystopian kind of way.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman