View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I finally know what fans of the old BSG felt when the new series came out. Yes, the new movie is shinier, and arguable better than the old series, but we just don't like it as much, if at all.

My favorite thing about the new universe is that there's a built in out. If Spock knew that his mother and the planet Vulcan survived in the alternate (original) timeline, don't you think he'd want to restore it?
The new BSG has no time line connection with the old one. There are references and cameos but the reboot Star Trek is in a parallel universe caused by something from the Prime universe which doesn't make sense. There's a whole agency in the future dedicated to correcting the timeline if it gets screwed up this badly.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”