View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 10:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
How exactly has the wiki "earned a permanent place in the hearts of gun owners"? Have we hit it big in the news publications used by the gun industry yet? Do you have any links for that?

Like I said earlier, can a high-level IMFDB affiliate or staff member use that association alone to get into SHOT show or the like?

This forum clearly isn't as active as many internet gun forums are either. I know that membership has to be requested both for this wiki and this forum, but the traffic level here doesn't appear to be very high compared to that of many gun forums. Of course, not knowing the server stats, I can't know for certain just where we stand in terms of traffic to the wiki/forum.
I've been busy, so I didn't see this. Short answer: No, we are not so popular that we can roll into SHOT show for free (and score with the floor models). We have longevity in our niche, and we are now regularly cited as reference material by everyone else. I just read an article on Colt's demise for Foreign Policy mag, which is a publication far outside of the gunternet, which cited our "Goldfinger" page. That's where I would say we've had the last laugh.

I realize playing devil's advocate can serve a purpose, but this is not one of those times. Oh, and dude, I've been saying this for years, but please get yourself tested for Asperger's Syndrome if you haven't already. You gotta stop being so unnecessarily argumentative. I don't take it personally, but one of these days, you're going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person. Just saying.