View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I want a original 1911a1 for collectability some day, something a little off brand, like ithaca or remington rand.
Of course don't mention Colt in that. (I wouldn't mind an Ithaca.) I wish Colt would start back doing WWII reproductions, they did a few years ago I guess before they started doing WWI repros. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=216597641
With a newer reproduction you're able to get one with the old school look and better steel. Better fit too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
For duty, I love the modern novak wearing beavertail safety equipped long trigger flat back lowered and flared guns. I know a lot of people own 1911s for the nostalgia, but for me I just shoot the excellent triggers well. And grip fits like i was born with one in my hand. I wont buy a colt either, dont like their business practices and there guns cost way too much for what you get, ffanboys just hype them saying there the original, like that means anything. For the prices they charge a springfield or smith and wesson will have more features, tighter fit and more bang for your buck.
While two of mine wear Novak's, I think Heine's are the better way to go. They may not be "snag free" I much rather have sights that allow for one hand clearing.

Also I think most of us know you hate Colt, no need to keep repeating it over and over again.

Last edited by predator20; 02-18-2011 at 06:08 PM.