Thread: The XM8
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 02:29 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Thanks for that info about the L85.

But The concept of a weapon you can change at a moment's notice out in the field didn't seem to catch on really. The military mindset is usually 1 weapon for everyone with specific weapons for special purposes. No one would be carrying extra barrels or handguards to the field.

I just started playing Homefront the Revolution and while it's cool that I can turn my M4 instantly into something like the Shrike LMG system...who carries extra receivers and barrels into combat?

I mean, if troops are deployed to somewhere, an armory of sort would be set up to keep inventory of weapons, repairs, ammo, etc. So any changes or switch to weapons would happen there or troops would be issued their weapons and they take it with them as they deploy into transports.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”