Thread: Anti Gun movies
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I made an IMFDB page a while back for a 1993 movie called "Strapped" (it's a made-for-HBO movie that was directed by Forest Whittaker that starred Bokeem Woodbine and Michael Biehn). That is probably one of the most anti-gun movies I've ever seen, and I first heard of it because a friend of mine from high school was actually forced to watch it in a class. My page for the movie is here:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Strapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Fresh Prince of Bel Air (not a movie but still)
That show was anti-gun? Are you talking about the episode where Will gets mugged and shot, but then gets angry at Carlton for carrying a gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Liberty Stands Still
I mentioned on the Talk Page for that movie that Kari Skogland (who directed "Liberty Stands Still") also directed a movie called "Rapid Fire" which was about the Norco, CA bank robbery. Not sure if "Rapid Fire" counts as an "anti-gun" movie, but it does show the bank robbers purchasing assault rifles at a gun store and later firing them on full-auto at the police, evidently without converting them. I would imagine most viewers would see the movie and think that automatic weapons can be bought at gun stores with minimal effort.

Last edited by MT2008; 11-16-2010 at 01:51 PM.