View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 01:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
If they remove suppressors and SBR/SBS from the NFA, this wouldn't be a discussion.

For me, my shorty is a truck gun. I keep it broken down in a backpack in my car for whatever. The same with my carry gun. Will I ever need it? Statistically, most likely not but...you never know. I also have a good first aid kit and a fire extinguisher too
Are there any statistics on people actually using rifles carried in their car? People use handguns all the time or rifles and shotguns in the home, but how often does somebody actually use a rifle carried in a car? In most situations a pistol will be the more accessible option, and if you are able to go to the trunk of your car and assemble a rifle it seems that you might be on shaky "self defence" grounds. The only situation where I can imagine it being useful is if there is an active shooter situation and you choose to attempt to intervene, but has this ever actually happened? The closest I can think of is that recent church shooting in Texas, but IIRC the guy there got the rifle from his home.