View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 AM

Well, strictly talking about the handguns, I've spent about $13,000 on it, not including accessories (holsters, spare mags, etc). In terms of actual value, significantly more. Value is difficult to peg, mainly because some of them are literally too rare to price. They made less than 1000 Webley & Scott 1910s, I'd be shocked if there were more than 500 left after the Brits lost their handguns. I paid $575 for it from a shop that didn't really know what they had, including it's original holster. I'd feel ripped off if I sold for twice that. That and my .455 1911 are probably the two most valuable. If I had to ballpark it, I'd put it at around 20K for the whole collection, more if I broke it up.

By the same token, the Enfield with the bobbed hammer I doubt would go for $200. The 1895 Nagant is not a rare gun, but it was when I bought it - they didn't make it into Canada until years after the States, when someone finally brought them in I had my order in that evening - I was literally the first. Paid $275 and got a good deal, now they sit in the case for months at $250. To get what I paid I'd probably have to throw in the $100 worth of ammo I have for it.

Last edited by Nyles; 07-09-2009 at 03:01 AM.