View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well it's not the weapon that kill people, it's just a tool. Remember that it doesn't kill, but the person holding it. I've seen weapons held by many different people, swords hundreds of years old, held some and I always wonder how many lives this weapon has taken, but you don't admire how many lives were taken by the weapon. You're supposed to admire the craftsmanship, the art of the weapon itself and appreciate that.
I always admire the craftsmanship and the work put into a gun or other weapon, but whether or not it has killed someone is still something to ponder.

Tool or not, I'd still feel strange knowning the Walther P38 I'm holding was used to gun down a Jewish family in Auschwitz in cold blood. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

I despise guns in the hands of criminals. They use them for bad things and make them look bad. Basically, a criminal ("bad guy") used this gun for bad things. Imagine holding the TEC-DC9 Mini used by Harris during the Columbine shooting. Would you admire the craftsmanship or hate knowing what it was used for?