View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:11 AM

Two more I don`t have yet, but I`m pretty excited about:

First and most importantly is a Webley & Scott Mk.1N autoloader in .455 Webley Auto, as issued to the British Royal Navy & Marines in WW1, and later the RAF. I`ve been looking for one of these for about 5 years, and I`m thrilled to have finally tracked one down. Like the Model 1910 in .38ACP I already have, it`s an odd design, having a v-shaped mainspring in the grip instead of a coil spring, but this one has an external hammer and is of course a fair bit larger. Plus it`s coming with 3 magazines - I can`t even imagine where the last owner found them, as they were only issued with one!

And, finally, here`s the one I promised for Checkman: a 4th Model Smith & Wesson .38 Safety Hammerless in .38 S&W with a 5`` barrel. This 4th Model is the most common of the Safety Hammerless guns, being made between 1898 and 1907. From what I understand the blued guns are less common than the nickle-plated ones, and the 5`` barrels are quite rare. I honestly can`t understand why anyone would WANT a 5`` barrel on a DAO pocket revolver, but it makes it Canada-legal and it`s just unusual enough to pique my interest, so I had to get it. Interesting fact I picked up doing research on it - these were designed from the factory so that you could pin in the grip safety, permanently deactivating it. I`m just waiting to get some .38 S&W in at work so I can do some shooting!