View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:31 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
It's a fat bastard yeah, but hey, Glock can say they have seven calibers instead of six. Go figure.

Another reason I give Glock credit is they're one of the manufacturers that produce or had produced a 10mm handgun, a cartridge that would have likely phased out had they not done that. I'd still opt for a Delta Elite or a 1006 over a Glock 20, but the Glock 20 gave me the option, so thanks, Gaston.
Weirdly, I forgot that the G20 was even in production. I don't know anyone who shoots 10mm these days, so I imagine they can't make too many.

As far as the XD45 goes, a lot of people on the Firing Line seem pretty enamored with theirs, so I guess I gotta respect that. Still, not for me (since I don't have such big hands), plus I think they were probably trying a little too hard to outdo Glock. You can almost hear the R&D folks going, "They put 13 rounds in a standard-cap mag? Well, screw them...we're gonna cram ONE more round in and brag that we have the highest-capacity .45 polymer pistol on the market! Never mind if you need to be a gorilla to hold it!"