View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I am currently using a TLR-1 for my Glock 19, but I only have it attached when my Glock is at home. I don't carry it with the light on
Interesting to note that the holster I'm now using is called X-Caliber by the company. Just a pointless observation by me.

There have been times when I've been clearing a building (even in the daytime some places can be dark ) and it's awkward with a flashlight and a gun. Also when shooting accuracy goes down because only one hand is holding the pistol while the other one is holding the light. All the techniques just can't get around that.

Of course the light is tool and not a magic bullet, but it's a better tool. However my Surefire is still on my belt because there are times that I just need a flashlight. Can you picture me pulling out my Glock because I need to read something that a citizen is showing me at 3:00 A.M. or I'm having trouble finding the hole in my cuffs to double-lock them so I pull out my gun and accidentally shoot the person who is in my custody? No the flashlight is also staying. I still have my 3 D-cell Maglight in my car as my reserve light for that matter.

Can never have to many flashlights.