View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 08:09 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixent View Post
I would think that the term IMFDB with is Internet Movie Firearms Database should include all forms of movies just like IMDB. The is a lot of films missing here from the 1920 to 1990 and posters are inputting that information. It's is up to all members to help fill out this missing information to make IMFDB more complete. Whining about it does not help. As for screen captures rental stores do have foreign film sections also our brothers and sisters across the pond may join and fill out those blanks. Screen captures I believe take more time to do correctly than to edit weapon photos with Photoshop. Just relax
I have spoken about the need for us to be culturally sensitive before. By which I mean that we must keep in mind we have users from many different countries who are not always going to immediately grasp how the site works, how the rules work, or even things that seem common sense to Americans - like capitalizing all the words in a title (something that Spanish-speakers don't do). As someone who's rather obsessive-compulsive, I sometimes have to restrain myself with them and remind myself of this.

That being said, I do think it's a little annoying when people start a page for a movie and have either (A.) Very little content (i.e. just a simple list of guns), or (B.) No content whatsoever (I've already deleted quite a few pages that fit this definition). Those kinds of pages aren't really useful and they make the site look unprofessional. It's really preferable that people not start pages for movies or shows unless they intend to be at least somewhat thorough.