View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 AM

Ok
I just finished a show and yesterday was a check in the box for my bucket list.
I finished doing a shoot out in a strip club, man some big guns were there.
All 30 ladies ended up hanging out by my station lol.

Someone had asked what's BG, that would be Background Performer, some people call them walking props, cattle, zombies or breathing set dressing,
IMO not a fan of any terms used.

Here's a dumb move made by an actor 3 years ago.

We had been doing a lot of shooting with actor dick toucher for about 2 weeks.
On this day, we set up to do a close up with DT firing his pistol.
Single action army revolver loaded with full black powder, rehearsed a few times, did 2 takes and getting ready to do the third.
Here is what saved him from having a valley in his head, the director asked for the gun to be cocked, I suggested we leave the hammer forward and let him cock it for the dramatic effect, the director agreed.
Speed was called, camera's rolling and just before the director yelled action, the actor had a hair issue and used the barrel to move his hair which was covering his eyes!
Yes he had the pointy end smack in the middle of his head with finger on the trigger, I know that if he pulled the trigger nothing would happen but that was not the point,
so….
I said "eh" and walked into frame, now remember the sound is speeding and three camera's rolling, I just went good old fashion Sgt and ripped him a new shiny asshole, I started on one side and worked over to the other side, every profane word that I knew came out, I leaned into his personal space like a recruit and went ape shit.
I walked out of frame and without missing a beat the director yelled action, buddy fired and the director yelled cut, I walked over and ripped the gun out of his hand.
That was it for him doing gun fire for the whole show, 100 plus crew just stood there gob smacked.
The 1st AD wanted me to apologize!
My reply to the AD, whats the next set up?
After that, the cast would suck pine cones thru a crazy straw if I asked them to do it.