View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:59 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
There's an incomplete tag use it! Just because there's no screencaps doesn't mean there's no effort. If there's a description of who uses what and at least a stock gun image. That's what I would consider minimum effort. Take http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Kung_Fu:_The_Legend_Continues I've never watched the show but I have an idea of who uses what from reading the page.
I've been quite liberal with the incomplete tag as well. But there's a huge difference between a page that otherwise complete except for a few screencaps, and a page that's only a third of the guns from a film, with several mis-IDs. It happens, those pages are out there, I've seen it. Ultimately, without screencaps, we're just taking somebody's word for it. At least with the Kung Fu page, it's a MT2008, so we can be pretty sure he's right about the IDs, but what about Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, by some guy who swooped in for two months and hasn't contributed in over a year.

I admit, I'm using a very strict interpretation of the "Quality, not quantity" clause in the rules, but there are only so many ways to interpret "We will wait until someone is ready to make a complete and professional page." If we're going to use Kung Fu as an example, we've waited for 3.5 years already.