View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The Operator series is supposed to have match barrel/bushing and fixed night sights, i thats what your looking for. The range officer is a competition/target gun and has adjustables because of that, different competitors use different loads with different POI. I like the lack of front cocking serrations. The loaded model is the most bang for the buck in a duty type 1911 out there IMO but I shoot mostly at the range and I wouldnt carry a full size steel 1911, so the RO seems like my type of 1911.
You're still stuck with fugly front slide serrations on the Operator. The Range Officer is the only one they make with a beavertail and no front serrations. But to tell you the truth, if a GI grip safety is blended well, that's really all I need. My Springer Mil-Spec feels great in the hand. My RIA since its grip safety has a thinner profile, it doesn't blend as well into the lower frame so it's not as comfortable.

My Loaded as it sits, is pretty close to a TRP with the front checkering and magwell. Probably the best $500 I've spent on a gun. Well under $600 with shipping and FFL fee.

Last edited by predator20; 03-07-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling