View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:33 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well this sort of thing is really "the internet". You have a medium that allows you to speak your mind and rant on and on about said topic until people do get fed up from reading you're mini essay. I think we should try to be short and to the point but that is the ideal of internet conversations. A lot of us are just too used to speaking our minds to the point of not caring what the reactions are or responding poorly to people's reactions that we become pissed and need to explain everything all over again or do personal attacks for no reason.
I agree, 100% - it is WAY easier to be outspoken on the Internet and forget that nobody gives a shit about your rants besides yourself. And lots of people say stuff on the 'Net that would probably not say in real life.

But personally, when I see someone like Sillybunz on here, I like to remind them that just because you can get away with anti-social behavior on the Internet doesn't mean you should. You're not going to evolve into a pleasant person in real life if you make a habit of being a total jackass on here. Plus, it's just rude to the rest of us who want to have more constructive dialogue.

Of course, who am I to speak...after all, I'm such a know-it-all asshole.