Thread: My 1911
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

My dad gave me the gun in the same condition you see it in now, so talk to him about the condition. I don't know where he got it, or who pieced it together, but it works. Rebluing it will probably make it look better. It's old, but it has sentimental value now because my dad "gave" it to me. Plus, the finish looks crappy but it kind of looks like a retro tutone look, and I like that.

The compensator was added to this 1911 because my dad didn't want me to ruin one of his .45s, since it had to be fitted. The original barrel bushing still fits the gun BTW, so I can swap them out whenever. Also, the stock is in use, just not in the picture because the 16" barrel is not within picture taking difference at the time.

No one will know what Gladys means in 10 years, few do now. Also, I got it from the graphic novel, before the movie came out. Plus, I justed liked the name, it is a very good .45 name IMO.

And I still plan on making the Para-Ordnance gun, I want a gun for carrying when I'm older and a 14 shot 1911 fits the bill for me, but I like Colt slides, so I still plan on making it.