View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 06:04 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I can't believe people have spent so much effort on Goldeneye 007. This game came out in *1997*! Even if the designers had put in that much effort into the guns, would we be able to tell? Seriously, if it wasn't implied that the "PP7" was supposed to be a PPK, how would anyone be able to tell? It wasn't until I discovered IMFDB that I learned that the "DD44" was supposed to be a Tokarev. I thought the entire time it was supposed to be a Makarov. And the truth is, it doesn't look like either pistol. Even in Perfect Dark, which came out three years later, the "PP7" still looked like an eight year old's drawing of what a pistol would look like. (see attached)

I remember reading an article a few weeks ago about Halo Reach, which comes out next month, where they said the assault rifle in Halo Reach has more sprites than Master Chief's entire body in Halo 1, which came out in 2001. Now think about a game that came out four years before that.

Okay the image didn't show. Here's the link: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Image:PP7.jpg

Last edited by funkychinaman; 08-27-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: picture didn't show