View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I just sent you a Talk Page message about that. It's not the way we do things. If there is ever a particular weapon (i.e. the shotgun from "GoldenEye") where we're not sure, THEN you can maybe do what you suggested. But for the weapons that are quite obviously based on particular real world weapons, we identify them by their real-world designation on the page.

Next time, I'd appreciate it if you consult with an Admin before you take it upon yourself to do something that contradicts our standards.
The problem with this is what is and is not considered obvious. The easy answer is the guns of Bond lore, the PPK, Moonraker, Golden Gun.

The more they deviate from the norm the harder it gets. In particular, the KF7 Soviet. When I first came here somebody else had it listed as a Type 56 because of the hooded front sight. I lobbied to change it to an AKMS because I figured it wasn't necessary to be that specific when all you had to deal with was a poorly rendered block of polygons. Somebody agreed with me and it became an AKMS for a while. Then while browsing through the site it clicked in my head what was going on. The ingame model does have a long muzzle brake, something not found on the AKS, AKMS, or Type 56-1, but is found on they Type 56-1's used in the movie the game was based on. The hooded sight is also present, giving 2 valid points to the Type 56-1 argument. So I changed it. And it stuck around for awhile.

Then AdAstra decided to change most of the article, his only reason being a very limited interpretation of the speculation rule. He says the Type 56-1 argument doesn't fly, I say it's the least speculative of the speculations. So now I come to the community seeking an answer.