Thread: Music videos?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 05:19 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I would argue respectfully, "no". There are just too many, they don't release DVDs regularly for all music videos, just the most popular artists and even those are hit and miss. It's not that the videos are not legitimate popular media, but we also objected to television commercials. A member (whom I constantly object to his ideas due to their impracticality) wanted us to put a television commercial category. That's not advisable. We can't patrol it, verify it and the availability for screencaps of ALL the possible entries is very limited.

Don't create a category if you can only reasonably represent 20% or less of the actual numbers. Sure we haven't captured ALL of Movies, tv, Vgs or animes, but that is a matter of time and effort, not access to the media. We are not thwarted by the fact that the majority of our titles are just NOT commercially available as they would be with Music videos or commercials.
This is not necessarily the place to decide on the issue. I only suggested that somebody could make a topic and we could all weigh the pros and cons.

Also, with YouTube making so many videos available nowadays, the DVD release issue is almost moot. Some of them are pretty high quality, too (they appear on either the artists or the record label's official YouTube channel).

Last edited by MT2008; 10-15-2011 at 05:31 PM.