Thread: Music videos?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 12:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
They're not allowed at present, although perhaps it's an issue worthy of consideration. I've seen plenty of music videos that feature guns (i.e. when I used to listen to rap as a teenager, I saw tons of guns in old N.W.A. and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony videos). Anyone wants to create a topic for that, it's fine by me.
I would argue respectfully, "no". There are just too many, they don't release DVDs regularly for all music videos, just the most popular artists and even those are hit and miss. It's not that the videos are not legitimate popular media, but we also objected to television commercials. A member (whom I constantly object to his ideas due to their impracticality) wanted us to put a television commercial category. That's not advisable. We can't patrol it, verify it and the availability for screencaps of ALL the possible entries is very limited.

Don't create a category if you can only reasonably represent 20% or less of the actual numbers. Sure we haven't captured ALL of Movies, tv, Vgs or animes, but that is a matter of time and effort, not access to the media. We are not thwarted by the fact that the majority of our titles are just NOT commercially available as they would be with Music videos or commercials.