View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
With the original AWB I think all things of this sort were banned under the heading of "large capacity ammunition feeding devices", so I think they would be similarly banned for this assuming it is written by someone who can tell his/her arsehole from his/her elbow (I am not taking this as a given).

Not related to this, more to a possible AWB, but I have had an idea in my head for a while about having an AR-15 upper that was open at the top with a clip guide built in to allow you to load a fixed (and by fixed I mean pinned into the lower by some legal definition) magazine with stripper clips. No idea if it would be possible, but think it would be pretty cool.

Assuming most Americans won't know about it (as it previously had no reason for existing) but in the UK you can get "lever release" AR-15s, where the bolt is automatically held back after each shot, and must be released by a lever where the safety would be (here is one). This would be classed as a manually operated weapon and would hence not be subject to any "Assault Weapon" bans. Something else that would be cool, a pump action AR-15 upper.
Oh well...