View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:09 AM

Ok back on the topic here.
“Buenos Dias, Padre.” Maria spoke into the phone. “You are in a world of shit.”

“What the fuck are you doing Maria?” Her father responded. “ this is an open god damned line!”

“Sending a message to the world.” Maria answered. “I’m through with working for you. No more doing little jobs for me, Da. No more dealing with people who would rather have their way with me than treat me as a human fucking being! No more dealing with a father who looks the other way as his own flesh and blood is violated!”

“Maria, lets talk about this.”

“How ‘bout you fuck off, eat shit and die. You’ve never cared one way or another about me before so it’s a bit late to start padre.”

“What happened?” Her father asked.” You at least owe me that much.”

“What happened! What happened! Juan fucked up badly. He’s involved in that hit that went bad up north. I have a source who has the fucking phone conversation that Juan made with the hitter. Now there are people coming to…”

“Maria stop for a second.” Her father ordered. “How the hell do you have a friend who can get encrypted phone transcripts?”

“You never took care of me, so I had to take care of myself. I have my own little safety net. One of them sent me the word today and it’s all bad.”

“What do you mean, bad?”

“Pablo Fucking Escobar ring a bell, Daddy?” Maria answered pronouncing the last word like a curse.

“Escobar, so who’s going to hunt us down and kill us?” Her father stated, remembering the famous drug lord who was hunted down and killed.

“I’ve got word that the uncle of the family Juan hit has called out a very nasty dog.” Maria replied.

“Maria, what is going on with you!?! Her father yelled.

Maria hung up on him. She didn’t feel like taking anymore of his bullshit. Besides if the woman called Fenris, was real then she was in deep trouble. She had grown up around people with colorful knicknames and there was a simple rule about those who kept them. Those who kept their own knickname were usually the ones who walked the walk. Now anyone could call themselves say "Scary Bastard" but unless they lived up to the knickname people would start calling them "chickenshit motherfucker". As far as the woman who someone had dubbed Fenris,child of Loki, Beast of Ragnarok, Maria didn’t think that the person was jokeing. The trio of veteranos lying dead by the Cadillac SUV, she had been using spoke volumes. They had been shot by someone using a .22. While the round was extremely common the way the punks were shot was professional. Each of them was shot twice in the head, before they could use their weapons. The neighors hadn't heard a thing and the street was quiet. That usually meant that it was a suppressed handgun.

One of them she recognized as Diego Estrada, a low level enforcer for Juan’s organization. Maria remembered him because Juan had rewarded Estrada with a suppressed .380 Ingram Model-11 of his own. Maria had quickly searched the body and found it on him. She tossed it under the driver's seat took off. Her next stop was a mailbox center.

Inside she searched the mailboxes until she found one in particular. Carefully she spun the dial on the combination lock. Maria pulled out the plain looking Manila envelope she found inside. She shut the mailbox and drove three blocks before opening the envelope. Inside was a trucker’s wallet, an American passport and a letter. Maria checked the wallet, and found it contained everything she needed to be identified as a citizen of the United States of America. Also inside the wallet was $1,000 in various US bills. Maria smiled at the courtesy of Isabella and Dominique. Most people wouldn't think to provide travel money. Not that Maria really needed it just yet.

She stopped after an hour of cross country driving. She was on a hill just Southeast of Camel mountain overlooking the border. She had just buried the firearms next to a large bolder. As far as weapons went all she had was the .357 magnum. Maria would have buried it too but she knew that she would have to defend herself at some future point. She read the writing on the barrel “STURM RUGER & CO INC SOUTHPORT CONN USA” and on the other side was “RUGER GP100 .357 MAGNUM CAL”. She thumbed the catch on the left of the frame and swung out the cylinder. It took a tap on the ejector rod to drop six 158 grain jacketed hollow points into her hands.

Maria looked over the cartridges looking for any obvious flaws in the rounds. She realized that she held six lives in her hand. People had committed murder for her and she didn't even know them in person. There were two people out there who knew who she was and knew what she had done yet they still helped her. She then realized that in helping her they themselves had dipped down to her moral level. The sobering thought made her sick. Bending over at the waist she discovered how bad apples tasted coming back up. She ended up dry heaving on her knees. She coughed a couple times and spat out the foul taste from her mouth.

“Damn you! fucking damn you! You damn fucking bastard!” Maria cursed God, heaven, and all the angels that she could remember. “Mi hija de Diablo, I am the devil’s daughter. I fucking hate your ass. If I ever see you I am going to kill your ass.”

She felt empty after her rage against heaven. Her anger vented in the tirade against the divine. Her half forgotten values and those morals that her mother had given her dwelled in her mind. Maria made up her mind and stood up. She raised her left hand and touched her forehead. Her hand then traveled between her legs over to her right hip and across to her left hip. She then spoke two words: “Hail Satan.”