View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Actually there are times (like the 15th hour of my 12 hour shift) when the Sam Brown design looks pretty good. Mostly I can see the usefulness of that suspender. The belts get pretty heavy after awhile. A few years ago I swtiched from a leather belt to an Uncle Mike's synthetic patrol belt. The lighter weight was nice, but the belt just didn't last. So now I'm back to the classic Safariland equipment belt. A little heavier and stiffer, but tougher as well.

Thankfully I've lost a bunch of weight over the past couple of years. Makes wearing all the equipment a little easier - a little.

Anyway the old Sam Browne design actually looks pretty sharp. It might be old fashioned, but it looks good. Looking good is a major part of being a uniformed officer I've discovered over the years. For example (returning to my weight), since losing my weight, I find suspects are less lippy with me. Instead of calling me a "fat ass" and a "fat fucker" and (my favorite) "fat bald fucker" they now say things like "you're not fair", " I don't like you", "you're a jerk cop", and "Go fuck yourself".