Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, Glocks are kind of boring but I still like them.

Signature weapons make a movie great. Except in Wanted. For some reason I didn't give a rat's ass that everyone had their cool guns. Except Fox's 1911.

If I wrote a ton of stories, my main character would always use a 1911. It's like a sickness for me, nothing looks right other than a 1911. Whether it is customized or something else, they always are first choice for story characters.

One idea I had for a story was a guy who was given two blessed M1911A1s (don't want to get religous too much though, so mayeb some african witch doctor blessed them) but they never run out of ammo, jam, over heat or break. Of course they would be WWII era Colts, because those are the iconic 1911s IMO.

I figured if the story actually made it to become a movie, I would use normal M1911A1s for loading and non-firing scenes, but use Colt slides on modified Para-Ordnance frames so they could fire more rounds at a time without quick cuts. I'd have to pick a big handed protagonist actor so the wide grips could be well hidden though.

What do you guys think?