View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'm watching this anime that came out almost 10 years ago called Zipang.

It's about a single JSDF Aegis class Destroyer, the Mirai, that got sent back to 1942 in the Pacific and now openly affecting the timeline and changing history. It's a really interesting and intense story of how modern technology and ideals clash with WWII.

EDIT: Damn, within 2 minutes, the Mirai took out 30 Dauntless fighters with its main gun and missiles. In an early episode, they dodged 6 torpedoes from a sub and fired back an ASROC. These guys must have been shitting their pants. And one big finale was a single Tomahawk took out the USS Wasp carrier which is weird because JMSDF ships do not carry Tomahawk cruise missiles. The use of the Tomahawk cruise missile in the story suggests that in the near-future universe of JDS Zipang, Japan had changed its policy on offensive weapons, or it takes place in an alternate universe where Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution never existed...or the write fucked up.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 03-14-2013 at 11:25 PM.