View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Good point. As far as the HK91/G3 distinction goes, I would consider the level of conversion before choosing one over the other (i.e. if it's an HK91 was a full-auto trigger pack inside, but no external modifications to resemble a G3, it's fair to call it an HK91). Likewise, when we see those HK94s that have been only partially converted to MP5 specification (full-auto and chopped barrel, but no other mods), we call them something like "HK94 (mocked up as MP5)".

It sounds to me as though what you are proposing (to be analogous) is that if you see a full-auto Uzi Pistol that lacks the side-folding stock, it would be labeled "Uzi Pistol" and not "Micro Uzi". Or maybe "Uzi Pistol (mocked up as Micro Uzi)".
They're not really "mocked up" if they're just converted to automatic fire. An M16A2 converted to full auto is not mocked up as an M16A3. Compare to HK94's with chopped down barrels or M2HB's dressed up as DShK's. "Micro Uzi (converted to full auto)" or something similar would be appropriate though. An Uzi Pistol modified with a folding stock could be considered mocked up as a Micro Uzi.