View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
The reason we call all of these guns "Micro Uzis" and not "Uzi Pistols" is because there are almost no genuine "Micro Uzis" in Hollywood. Actually, make that Uzis, period. Almost any time you've seen an Uzi variant in a movie or TV show filmed outside of Israel (whether full-size, Mini, or Micro), you are looking at a civilian variant that has been converted to full-auto. So my point is, if you were to try and distinguish between the "Micro Uzis" and "Uzi Pistols", you might as well just call all of them Uzi Pistols.
Don't we have rules for similar situations for other guns that default to the exact opposite conclusion? Assuming HK91 over G3 is the only one I can think of specifically off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Both of these guns (they are from the inventory of MPM2008's company, and were photographed by him) are civilian Uzi Pistols (imported by Action Arms) that were converted to full-auto (and they're also converted to blank-fire, since they're intended for movie use). The "A" for auto was stamped in after the auto sear was added, and so was the "Micro" printed next to "Uzi Pistol". I have no idea who did the conversion work on either of these guns, but I believe most of the full-auto Uzi Pistols in prop houses' inventories were modified by LaFrance Specialties in the 1980s. You'd have to ask MPM in order to be sure who modified these particular weapons.
And now that we know this, we can know with almost complete certainty that you can tell a Micro Uzi from an Uzi Pistol by the muzzle. Also for video games and animation there's no reason to assume Micro Uzi. If it's drawn/rendered as an Uzi Pistol, it's an Uzi Pistol.

Last edited by BurtReynoldsMoustache; 04-14-2011 at 02:06 AM.