View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

OWB is the most comfortable because you don't change your pants size. You can OWB carry pretty much ANY handgun. Hell, if open carry wasn't so much of a social problem, I'd be cool with open carrying from a drop leg holster (the holster will still need to be a kydex type because I hate the old school pouch type with a belt strap.)

Concealing OWB depends largely on the holster, what kind of gun and your shirt. I said it before, I wear a button shit when I OWB my G19 and it hides pretty well and I have a large body. But a button shirt lacks variety in your everyday attire if you care about fashion. I kinda like to change my literal tone every time I go outside instead of the same types of shirts I rely on.

The popular holsters of the "tactical crowd" seemed to be :

Raven -
Bravo Concealment
High Threat Concealment

The store bought every man type:

Blackhawk Serpa - Had a Serpa for a while
Safariland - I really like it's GLS holster
Fobus

Com-tac seemed to be nice

With a bunch of minor ones like:

On Your Six Design (I mentioned this as my G43 holster)
Contact Concealment

Some guys want to carry ALL the spare mags with them. I'm just happy with 1 spare mag, a full size G17 mag with a +2 extension. I'm going to try out other brands like Taran Tactical but they are expensive at 30 bucks a baseplate.

I don't carry my gun with a weapon light attached. I prefer a hand light in my other pocket. Also holster choices and clothing are limited even more with a weapon light attached.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”