View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Finally saw the new Red Dawn. Not as bad as I expected, but still pretty bad. I did lol at the part where one of Tanner's Marines just waltzes casually across the NK command center in full view of the enemy troops inside and no one even bats an eyelid, though.

I'm in fear of the sequel that's almost surely coming, though.
I think if you change a couple things, this could be a "better movie". Like the long ass intro about how North Korea is a threat in the beginning of the movie. Make North Korea invading be as vague as possible. Let it be in the perspective of the civilians. Let them be confused and try to find out information on their own.

They really needed to emphasis how "Thor" is a Marine more often in the movie than just mention it once and not even have the guy mention it to his fellow Marines.

The Asian Marine is obviously supposed to be a Korean. Why didn't they have obvious tension between the guy and other characters or his opinions about the racial backlash against Korean Americans?

Have Jed die in the remake similar to the way he died in the original and with a stand off with the Korean Captain and have him stand down because he has some semblance of humanity instead of being classic "bad guy". The man needs some depth.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”