View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Been on this site for little over three years, and finally, FINALLY, it is explained why you do this. Wow, I'm such an ass, maybe I should have asked.

I never really saw the point of such repetition, I personally think the caliber should only be listed in the stock photo of the gun, not the screencaps. But if I ever added to pages you did, I always did the captions that way to stay true to what I thought was your format. lol

Well, being that I pretty much know that BUNNI doesn't care nor mind, he trusts the membership to do what's best for the site, I now officially disconnect myself from that practice. If no one else cares, then I have no problem with no longer doing it (or changing it). Again, I was just doing what I saw BUNNI doing. Or at least that was the common format for the sample pages I happened to see and use as the 'template'. Remember back in the early days, we were struggling to find a common formatting style. IT seemed like every new Mod introduced some sort of format style without ever asking anyone about it.

So that particular practice is officially 'dead'. The rule apparently is: Caliber listed at the end of the gun image and perhaps part of the text introducing the section. All Screencaps no longer need to have the caliber listed at the end of the first sentence.