View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 07:44 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
The ARVN was, as MT2008 pointed out, largley inept and incompetent. However, their marines, airborne, and some other units made the US Army look bad. They could operate efectivly in the jungle, kept their weapons clean, and overal were very good. Try reading Norman Schwarzkopf's autobiography, or Battle Ready by Tom Clancy and Gen. Tony Zinni. The VC/ NVA perspective would be alternating between running from B-52 raids, hiding in tunnels systems, and sapper attacks. What would be realy interesting, though, would be a movie from the perspective of South Korean Marines. They made almost all US units look bad. They were a bunch of little karate masters running around the jungles with M16s, to the detriment of any bad guys in the area.
Interesting.

As for an NVA/VC film, I think I'd be interesting. It might dissuade all of the "Red Dawn" fans who think they could wage a guerrilla war against a Soviet-type invading force on American soil. From what I've read, those guys went through utter hell, and yet they still kept fighting.