Thread: My new gun
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:56 PM

Yeah I rarely use the slide release either, I just started slingshotting (that's what I call yanking the slide to release it) and never stopped. On occasion I will use the release just so I know how it feels on the gun, but 99 percent of the time I slingshot.

I have sort of a classic taste and so I don't like the SIGs with the rails on them as much as I do the ones without, but I am warming up to them and rails in general. I like the idea of having a light on my handgun. Anyway, as far as the P229 goes, I don't see much reason for getting one over a full size P226, aside from the fact that it's a government acency's gun and the gun is rated for .357 SIG unlike the older counterparts. It's considered a "compact" gun but it's not much smaller than a full sized P226, i:e it's not much better for concealed carry. It's for guys who will carry a full sized gun anyway but would like whatever edge they can get, and the P229 gives them a small one. The .357 SIG conversion is also quite expensive (factroing in the barrel change and the cost of ammo) compared to a 9mm or .40 counterpart, but if money's no object and you like the extra power, I can't argue with that.

I'd rather have a 9mm P226 like Matts but the P229 does have a certain charm. I wouldn't mind getting a deal on one like FirearmFan has.