View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Like the Full auto restriction to civilians. In America, you can get full auto weapons in some states bear in mind with a class 3 license, background check, stamps, etc.

But do you think it's a reasonable gun law?
I think it's good that they have to registered. But the Pre-May, Post-May is bs. All that did was raise the prices of the pre-may samples (the ones civilians can own without a class 3 license).

Quote:
What about states or countries like Canada that have magazine capacity limits to no more than 10 round magazines despite how in a lot of crime, suspects with illegal possessions of guns have them anyway or uses guns that are below 10 rounds.

Do you think it is a reasonable law for magazine limits?
No. You can reload so what's the point.

Quote:
What about flash hiders? Telescoptic, retractable, or folding stocks?
The only time a flash hider is going to do it's job is at night, it's hard enough shooting at night as it is. Retractable stocks make it nice for different size users.

Quote:
Barrel length restrictions?
hmm. That's a tough one. I guess anything shorter than a 16" barrel has to be registered is okay. But a tax stamp, no.

Quote:
What do you think about these restrictions?

There's a ban on "military ammunition" like 5.56 NATO the military uses, but there is no restriction on buying .50 BMG or even rounds that are just a bit more powerful than the standard military weapons that are called "Armor piercing".

So tell me your opinions on gun laws. Do you think any of them have some merit or that most of them are stupid.
I not sure what you mean by this one are you taking about other countries that have a ban 5.56mm?

But my most hated restriction. A 3-day waiting period on a handgun. Some states even longer. (3 days in FL) but I can walk out with an AR-15 with no waiting period that will do way more damage than a handgun

Last edited by predator20; 04-20-2010 at 04:23 AM.