View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I could only ever get ambi ones like Microtech's AUG clone or the FS2000, since "bullpup" generally means "fuck you, lefty"

I should sue companies that manufacture non-ambi bullpups for discrimination just to see what would happen
To be fair, most all guns are designed for right handed users so are inherently saying as you put it, "fuck you, lefty".

The shotgun I'm not impressed with really. It's a new design for one, meaning it's untested. Just as well it requires a rotation of the magazine after every 4 shots which may prove to be a real pain in a firefight. Coupled with the limitations of shotguns in most situations as well as the weight of such a high volume of shotgun ammo in the weapon, it's hardly ideal, and not really worth the amount of money you're going to pay for it next to the street price you can pay for an old and dependable single tube pump action or semiautomatic shotguns.

Even the competition, the KSG, which has some issues of its own, is still more viable as it holds a close amount of rounds, 14, and only requires one flick of a switch to change tubes, and two tubes of 7 as opposed to 4 tubes of 4 is much easier to keep track of if you need to change from one type of round to the other (buck versus less lethal for example). Given all of this, stressing the highly niche usage of a shotgun as well, I don't quite see the merit in this design over the KSG or, again, simple, cheap pump action or semiautomatic shotguns. I'll gather more interest when I see (reliable) magazine and drum fed shotguns.

As for the Tavor, $3000 or even $2000 is steep given the rifle has a polymer body and will be produced at least mostly in the US. The Tavor may well be a competitive rifle in the market though as decent bullpups are relatively limited and typically expensive, and with the advantages of the bullpup layout, and the rifles other inherent features, it may well find a great following if the price is right. I'm certainly intrigued by it myself.

Also, this thread would be better as a SHOT Show thread than the "general" thread which was seemingly made as an excuse to post SHOT stuff anyway, don't you think?