View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 02:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Actually I wrote that!!!! Since I've worked on films shot in San Francisco and actors dressed like cops, I tend to talk to and take note of the real SF cops who are there on set. During filming of one of Monk's pickup shots (some days they did go to San Francisco for establishing shots)(edit:I was visiting the set because my buddy was playing a SF cop), I spoke to a real SF cop on duty. That was when he mentioned the difference between the basketweave holsters they used for the 'fake cops' on the show, and the real holsters they used on the force. The real ones (I can't remember the exact make and model) had a suspension arm which held the holster out and away from the body, so the gun nor holster never really touched your hip. It was also a really EXPENSIVE holster to use.

I don't like that blog because he kinda misquoted me (or else I did not write my thoughts clearly). I never said that SFPD did NOT use basketweave. I said that the style of holster was not one used by SFPD.

BTW, that was the show (Monk) where I learned that SFPD ditched the Beretta 92FS, went to the S&W M&P for six months, ditched that and now the department standard is the SIG-Sauer P226 Stainless. Good choice in my book