View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well, in WWII, to cut down costs, the Tommy guns used to have 30 round stick magazines, but were switched to 20s. The M16 started out with a 20 round magazine, but when observing how the opposing side with their AKs have 30 round magazines, we mind as well do the same.

I guess for civilians, I seriously doubt any of us in our everyday life would require the need to use a full auto M16 and 30 round mags, but it's the fact they would ban 30 round mags, and limit and restrict full auto to those who can afford it, gives the need to complain about it.

I think it comes down to the people who ask "Why ban it?" And people who say "Why not?" And what is in between are the excuses to support each side. It's a never ending struggle on who can bitch and moan the most.
Not sure I understand the point about Thompsons in WWII, but anyway, I do agree 30-round mags should be legal. I would hope just about anyone on IMFDB feels the same way. But I just don't agree with the argument about how there's no difference between them and three 10-rounders. It doesn't make sense to me, doesn't make sense to anyone with common sense, and doesn't really make our cause look good (on the contrary, it makes us look like we have to lie to further our agenda, which is something that I prefer to leave to Sarah Brady & co.)

And unfortunately, I have never been popular in the pro-gun community for my views on this particular matter. When I was a member of AWBansunset (remember them?), I used to take a lot of flack from other members on that board about our tactics.

Last edited by MT2008; 12-23-2008 at 05:05 PM.