View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I'm sure most of us who's handled firearms can reload a any weapon in a few seconds. And a lot of crimes are committed with guns with less than 10 rounds. The VA Tech guy had a 10 round glock 17 and reloaded a dozen times.
He used a Glock-19 with 15-round and 33-round mags (mostly the former, a few of the latter) for most of the killing.

While I am of course pro-RKBA, I'm really not so sure I like the whole "there's no difference between a 30-round mag and three 10-round mags" argument. I mean, the fact is, if 30-round magazines didn't offer any advantages in firepower, they wouldn't have been invented in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
don't know that guns can reload quite easily.
Well, I think generally speaking, the logic isn't that shooters are trained marksman or former servicemen, but untrained idiots (in some cases, idiots who fire their guns sideways). Therefore, the question is usually along the lines of, "What types of guns allow a person with the least training possible to do the most damage for their skill level?" I don't exactly fault the gun controllers for their logic, just their goals. :-)

Last edited by MT2008; 12-22-2008 at 03:00 PM.