View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 AM

I'll just list some of the things I'm excited about from current E3 releases.

The Division: Holy hell I want it. Open world tactical shooter set in a sort of post-apocalyptic NYC (my favorite city and a place that I've downright memorized the smells of) with brilliant graphics and gameplay and very nice destruction physics (including shooting through cover). It appears that you can also log in with a tablet and control a UAV to provide support.

Quantum Break: Not much detail on this one, but I'm a huge fan of Remedy and Alan Wake remains one of my favorite games. I definitely trust Sam Lake, and the pairing of it with a companion TV series intrigues me.

Battlefield 4: It's still over-the-top and stupid, but it's the fun kind. The multiplayer trailer just showed exactly why we love it. Destroying a parking garage support to drop a tank in from the street, fighting your way to the roof of a skyscraper to capture it and then parachuting off.....the entire skyscraper collapsing into the harbor and continuing to fight on and around the wreckage.

Watch Dogs: Looks like a great story-driven open world game, and the hacking helps add some flavor. So does the ability to call in support at any time from players on their iPhone and have them do some hacking for you.

Star Wars Battlefront: This is basically what every Star Wars fan wanted. An expansion of an already fun game that's now being done in the same engine as Battlefield 4.

The Crew: Open world multiplayer racing game on a scaled map of the United States, including (again) NYC.

Beyond Two Souls: I'm a fan of Quantic Dream, especially after Heavy Rain, so I'm excited to see how they improved on that game's flaws.

Metal Gear Solid V: It looks like they're fixing a lot of the flaws of the previous game (especially the gameplay randomly cutting out for cutscenes that last longer than the gameplay), as well as adding lots of stuff. Open world missions, vehicles and horses, a usable third-person combat system, and orgasm-inciting graphics.

Basically, this is all just perfect. 2013 and 2014 are gonna have some good shit. The Last Of Us coming out in a few days makes it all sweeter.