View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008
There was a rifle, not just handguns. Investigators have already determined that much. Also, don't you think it's ironic that you're essentially making an argument which seriously contradicts the pro-RKBA community's "criminals don't care about gun laws" argument?
I don't think it ironic at all. I believe that there is a big difference between these guys and your average thug with a Lorcin .25 stuck in his waistband.

Sidenote: I still wish that the surviving suspect would be charged as a simple common criminal though, I've always felt that the bringing of special terrorism charges when an obvious case of plain murder exsists gives these guys entirerly too much credit and fame. Also, I hope against all hope that he does NOT recieve the death penalty. No need to make a marter of him. Lock him up in Adminstrative Segregation at the Mass State Penitenary for life without parole and forget about him.

However, back to guns, I was merely surmising that if these guys planned to become American terrorists, that they wouldn't compromise thier mission by getting busted on something so mundane as a gun charge.

There is an element of racial profiling to that. An obvious American citizen with a mile long rap sheet gets busted for an illegal gun, he gets to face an overburdened criminal justice system, and unless the gun pocession was tacked on to a drug case or the like, in all likelihood, it won't be prosecuted as such.

However, a guy like the deceased suspect who had been to Russian, looks foreign, and has already been investigated by the FBI at the behest of a foreign government(my guess is the Russians) gets busted for a gun crime, red flags should go up.

Now all that being said, there is nothing to say that a straw purchase(already illegal) didn't take place, a theft(already illegal), or a person to person transfer happened, which according to my understanding of Mass law, is illegal.

And hell, going with Occam's Razor, there is nothing that would have stopped one of them form buying a rifle out of state.

Another aside, the 200 rounds exchanged, has that been confirmed as the numbers of rounds expended by the suspects?

Because I could certainly understand that a justifiably jumpy police force would expend a heap ton of lead in the general direction of the muzzle flash of a known cop killer/suspected terrorist. Especially at night.

I've been there, it just feels good when your weapon goes BANG and kicks back into your shoulder.

Also, didn't mean to brush this aside with my previous response, I overlooked your quote of mine.