View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
more to see if it was illegally aquired, who might of been supplying them, etc. If its street junk, or if its something hard to come by suggesting a larger operation
There's no doubt somebody helped them get the guns illegally, given the severity of MA's gun laws (and Boston's in particular). BATFE already has said that neither of the two brothers was licensed to own firearms and that they're looking for whoever purchased the guns for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
But how did they kill that cop in the first place?
Exactly. @Excalibur: Once again, this is why you need to read (and think) before you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
My guess is that it was something plain, compliant with Mass's gun laws, and not particularly dangerous looking.

It is probably a hand gun that doesn't fit the narrative of "assault weapons".

Furthermore, I reckon that since these guys had gone so long without attracting attention to themselves, and even getting interviewed by the FBI, they wouldn't attempt to purchase a weapon that would draw attention or run the risk of running afoul of Mass's firearms laws.
There was a rifle, not just handguns. Investigators have already determined that much. Also, don't you think it's ironic that you're essentially making an argument which seriously contradicts the pro-RKBA community's "criminals don't care about gun laws" argument?

Also, I was following Tweeters who were posting police radio chatter on the night of the shooting. There were officers panicking and asking if anyone nearby had a rifle. I realize that there was a lot of confusion, but the radio chatter suggests that whatever the Tsarnaev brothers fired at BPD had a lot of range and allowed them to fire a lot of rounds pretty quickly, which means that it was (A.) a rifle, and (B.) something fitted with a high-capacity magazine.

Last edited by MT2008; 04-22-2013 at 03:44 PM.