Thread: Wondernine Love
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 01:42 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

First of all: Great topic and great collection! Wondernines have always been my favorites. I have quite a collection of 1990s-vintage wondernines now (Beretta 92FS Inox, two Taurus PT-92s, Glock 17 Gen 2, SIG-Sauer P226, and H&K USP). I do plan to add a S&W to that collection soon - I like the 5946 the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I'm curious, who here actually uses the slide stop as a slide release and who just racks the slide? I rack the slide, mostly because I pretty much always shoot with gloves and on some guns it can be hard to feel the slide stop. Also, I feel that my dominant hand has enough fine motor skills to worry about so the other hand can take up the slack with some gross motor skills.
I have to admit that I still use the slide stop as a release on all of my Glocks. I don't subscribe to the "slingshot" technique, especially for normal everyday shooting. I really think Glock should extend the slide stop/release (whatever you want to call it) based on the consideration that for some folks' situations, racking the slide every time is not ideal. Maybe I'm just too used to using slide releases...