View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 05:49 AM

At the risk of sounding pedantic or PC, I do want to say that the term "warrior mindset" implies a lot of things that don't fall in line with the traditional concealed carrier or the overall philosophy of a concealed carrier/gun owner in a civilized society. "Warrior" implies one who wages war in offensive capacities, and this is not really the case with a CCer. Not to mention it sounds very blowhard, macho and a bit pretentious considering the civil society in which we live. I believe in being conscious of your surroundings and proactive in your movements and the like, as well as using the appropriate amount of force in violent encounters where it is necessary, but I and other CCers are not "warriors" just because we carry guns to protect ourselves and/or the people around us. I'm sure there's a better term for what you call the "warrior mindset" that doesn't have the overtly brash masculine and offensive tinge to it, though I can't put it into words myself at this very moment. I appreciate the thought you are referring to, but I think the term you use to refer to said thought is a poor choice of words for the mentality and its ultimate intentions as it applies to civilian CCers.